Defining business alignment as the process of “ensuring that a new project, program, or process is connected directly to business impact measures, usually expressed in terms such as output, quality, cost, or time,” 10 Steps to Successful Business Alignment offers concrete, detailed input, suggestions and now-how on how to plan for, implement, create, and maintain effective alignment for projects of nearly every size and scope. This book covers the full spectrum of issues related to alignment, including planning the alignment with clients; determining payoff, business, performance, and preference needs; addressing high-level objectives; measuring impact; reporting the results of the alignment; and more.
Some of the topics on which this volume drills down into useful detail include:
- how and when to discuss alignment with clients
- the proper ways to clarify and manage expectations of the alignment process
- a discussion of the factors that contribute to the success of alignment
- how to achieve buy-in on alignment from stakeholders in a project
- a detailed, highly objective review of how to measure the impact of alignment
- the most effective ways to report and communicate your results.
Truly a comprehensive resource on alignment, 10 Steps to Successful Business Alignment delivers practical insight on every step of the alignment process and is essential reading for every professional involved in creating, maintaining, and verifying alignment.
Published in 2012 by ASTD Press